“The undergraduate years at LCDS have been the best of my life. With an openness I hadn't experienced before, LCDS welcomes a diverse range of people and supports them to become well rounded artists.” – Dulcie Fraser, Undergraduate student
The Place, home to LCDS, is committed to developing choreographic talent and pushing boundaries of what dance can be. You will be a part of an inspiring and supportive artistic community in the heart of London, where you will mix with exciting guest artists and see pioneering dance performance. Develop your artistic voice, we encourage you to think critically, take risks and explore your individuality so you become an artist who is prepared for a life-long career in the dance.
Develop as a versatile artist
Drive the innovation in dance
Push boundaries and take risks
Explore your individuality and work collaboratively
1. Explore your practice and help develop the art form through an inquisitive, intensive and rigorous dance education delivered to the highest artistic, academic and technical standards.
2. Be inspired and make new connections by joining LCDS’ highly diverse artistic community from across the world where you will also meet and connect with our community of visiting companies to the theatre, many of whom include LCDS alumni.
3. Experience training at a conservatoire delivering world-leading education and vocational training in dance. You will learn from practicing artists and internationally renowned teachers and be encouraged to develop creatively and technically.
4. Experiment through a range of opportunities and pathways offered at LCDS, which include exploring other art forms, like music, lighting, costume design or film making.
5. Enjoy life in London at one of the most creative and culturally rich neighbourhoods, King’s Cross. We are situated in a central location, which is full of life and excellent transport links to help you explore what London has to offer. You will be within walking distance of the British Museum, Central Saint Martins, Sadler’s Wells, Barbican, the British Library, the Bloomsbury Festival and the Wellcome Collection, to name a few.
"London Contemporary Dance School puts you, the student, at the centre of your education. The future of contemporary dance is in your hands."
-Clare Connor, Interim Principal of LCDS
BA (Hons) Contemporary Dance: 28 Jan 2019 at 12pm noon