Top Tips for Filming Your Video - Undergraduate Programme
We understand that applying for universities can be a stressful process, so we are here to make applying for London Contemporary Dance School as smooth and stress free as possible!
Our Top Tips for Filming your Video:
- Make sure you read our video submission guidelines thoroughly, they are there to help you. You can also download a PDF version if you scroll to the bottom of this page. This might be helpful if you are wanting to revisit or print it off.
- Allow time to set up your camera/ laptop/ mobile device/ tablet. Are you somewhere quiet and where you will not be disturbed?
- Is your recording device set up securely for the filming? We are not judging you on your technological abilities, just be sure it will not fall or shake around when you are filming!
- Try not to move the camera as you are recording, setting it up somewhere steady and level will work best.
- Are you happy with the frame of your video? Why not do a quick test to make sure you are seen in the shot and that your body is not cut off. Also, film in landscape format so we can see more of you.
- Try to have light coming in from the front so we can see you clearly.
- Give yourself enough space to move around - we want you to be safe. We are not judging you on the space in which you film, this could be in your home or outside. It does not have to be in a dance studio - and we do not expect it to be!
- You can record it as many times as you like, so there is no pressure to get it 'perfect' on the first attempt. Give yourself time and do not panic if it is not going how you wanted. Take a break and start recording once you feel happy to do so.
- Most of all, we are not looking for professional videos that are edited seamlessly. We just want to see you moving and responding to the tasks, so have some fun with it!
If you have any questions about the video submission section of the application process please do email us, we would love to hear from you!