Apply Now

Overseas Student FAQs

Do I need a visa to study?

Yes, if you are an overseas student you will need a visa to study in the UK. Please read through this page for more information.

When do I apply for a student visa?

You can apply up to 6 months in advance of your course starting. However, if applying from within the UK you can apply 3 months in advance of course starting. More information can be found on this page.

What are the entry requirements for studying at London Contemporary Dance School?

Two passes at A-Level or equivalent overseas qualifications are acceptable. As a general rule they are the qualifications necessary to begin a university undergraduate course in the candidate’s home country. Candidates whose first language is not English are required to demonstrate language proficiency. We accept either the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum required score of IELTS 6.5 for MA and 6.0 for Undergraduate (no less than 5.5 in any element) or the Trinity College London (TCL) Integrated Skills in English test level II (undergraduate – minimum level B2). More information on our entry requirement can be found here.

How much are the tuition fees/ what is my fee status?

For all up to date information on overseas student fees please visit this site. For students from the EU, EEA and Switzerland, please visit the UKCISA website to check whether you are eligible for Home fee status.

How do I open a bank account?

The process for opening an account can vary a little between banks. It’s a good idea to call in advance and check exactly what your chosen bank will need you to do, but the usual steps include:

  • Collect all the documents you need, and complete an application form; you may also need a letter from us confirming your enrolment.
  • Book an appointment at a local branch of your choice.
  • Attend your appointment to show your original documents and make an initial deposit.
  • Wait a few days for your bank card and security number (PIN) to arrive in the post.

Can I work whilst studying?

Those coming to us on a student visa will be able to work up to 20 hours a week. You can find out more on the government website here

Where will I live when studying at London Contemporary Dance School?

LCDS does not operate any housing of its own but does have in place mechanisms to ensure that accepted students can find suitable accommodation prior to arrival in September. We have some more information about accommodation on this page

If you have any questions about our admission process or the School please get in touch with us:

Cindy Cheung, Admissions and Registry Manager