Frame Rush: A Place for Screendance
Frame Rush: A Place for Screendance is a two-day festival at The Place on 15th-16th March 2019. Run by the postgraduate students of world’s first MA in Screendance at London Contemporary Dance School, Frame Rush celebrates screendance as an audio-visual form at the cutting edge of artistic innovation.
From the psychological to the abstract, the personal to the political, and past to present, we aim to show work which is meaningful, thought-provoking and experimental, and which cultivates dialogues across cultures, contexts and locations. All genres of dance and film styles are welcome. We support artists who are changing narratives within the industry and actively encourage work driven by female, BAME and LGBTQ+ artists.
Submissions for Frame Rush are free and open to all, from professionals to students. We are inviting works that express the inter-connectivity of screen and dance.
The call for submissions will open in November. Tickets will go on sale 1 February 2019.
Eligible films must be concerned with dance, movement or choreography, and can be live action, documentary, animation, or a mix of those forms, in any genre, up to a running time of 20 minutes, and completed after January 2016. All submissions are fully considered by our programming team.
- The artist takes full responsibility for the work and in submitting it asserts that it contains no copyright infringements, and indemnifies Frame Rush, The Place, LCDS and its representatives against any request or legal action from third parties related to or arising from the use of the film.
- Submissions open 4th November 2018 and close 6th of January 2019. Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway.
- Max running time: 20 mins
- Films submitted must have been completed after January 2016.
- Entries are limited to 2 submissions per artist.
- Recordings of live performances are not eligible: films must adhere to the mutual inter-connectivity of screen and dance.
- We do not require premieres
- We accept student films
- Films that are currently publicly available on the internet may be submitted. If the film is selected, the filmmaker must agree to take down or password protect their film until after the festival dates
- By submitting, the entrant acknowledges that the filmmaker has NOT submitted/planned for this film to be publicly screened/presented in the Greater London area in the three months prior to the festival.
- The artist accepts that if selected, the festival will have rights to screen the work on a scheduled date and that images and associated texts from the work will be used for promotional purposes prior to, during, and after the festival. Frame Rush will not pay any screening fees for the presentation of the film.
- The artist, if selected, agrees to provide festival organisers with marketing materials, information and video files in the requested formats by given deadlines; the artist understands they are liable for any costs incurred and that failure to provide the necessary materials may result in their withdrawal from the programme.
- Submission of an entry gives Frame Rush and its presenters permission to have excerpts of accepted work, including film trailers, shown in all promotional activities related to the festival.
- Subtitles in English should be available in time for the preparation of the screening file if this is applicable.
- Entrant and filmmaker acknowledge that by submitting their film to the festival, that if chosen for the festival, Frame Rush may include the film in the London Contemporary Dance School archive.
Practical requirements as part of the submission form:
- Filmmaker contact information: name, email address, postal address, phone number, website and social media accounts (if any)
- Synopsis of the film (up to 400 characters).
- Biographies of the artist / artists (up to 400 characters each)
- Any previous projections / awards of the presented work
- High resolution film stills / images (preferably a mixture of landscape and portrait format)
Festival Dates: 15th - 17th March 2019
Tickets on sale: 1st February 2019
Location: Founders Studio, The Place, 17 Duke's Rd, Kings Cross, London, WC1H 9PY