Disability Support

Disabled Students’ Allowances

If you qualify for financial support from an UK student finance body, you may also be eligible for Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA).  

The support you receive through DSA could include: 

  • specialist equipment or Assistive Technology, for example a computer and software that could help you to study
  • an interpreter if you have a hearing impairment 
  • a Study Skills Tutor if your disability affects your learning  
  • a Mentor if a mental health diagnosis or Autistic Spectrum Condition affects your studies
  • a note-taker  
  • help with study-related travel costs

To apply for DSA, you need to apply to the student finance body where your home address is located:

For more information on applying for DSA, you can contact us by emailing Student Well-being.

For more information on DSA, please see this guide from Diversity & Ability.

Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for more information on applying for Disabled Students’ Allowances.