Government changes to higher education funding will only affect new students starting a course in 2012. If you are a continuing student (ie you started your course on or before September 2011) you will pay the same fees for the duration of your studies. If you are starting your course in September 2011, this will be £3,375* for all undergraduate courses.
* This may rise in subsequent years in line with inflation.
All undergraduate UK and EU students are able to apply for some form of loan from the Student Loan Company. UK students are eligible to apply for a tuition fee loan and/or a maintenance loan. EU students are eligible to apply for a tuition fee loan.
UK students that opt to ‘consent to share’ information when completing the student loan application will automatically be considered for a means tested bursary from the Conservatoire for Dance and Drama.
UK students will also be considered for a maintenance grant as a result of completing the student loan application form (even if it is not the applicant’s desire to obtain a student loan). This grant exists to support students with accommodation and other costs while enrolled as a full-time student.
For more information about student finance for students beginning course before September 2012, and to apply for a student loan, see the Direct Gov website.
To assist with your completion of the student loan application, please make a note of the following details:
- when submitting an online Student Finance application, you need to enter Conservatoire for Dance and Drama in the University/College field. You can do this by typing in Conservatoire for Dance and Drama or if you enter %Conservatoire% in the search it will bring up the CDD for selection.
- the name of the course needs entering in the Course Name of UCAS Code field. The LCDS undergraduate course is written as CONTEMPARARY DANCE BA HONS (LCDS). You can either type this in or if you enter %LCDS% into the search it will bring up the course for selection.
- leave blank the question that asks if your course is franchised to another university.
Letter Writing Campaign
We actively encourage any interested student to embark upon a letter-writing campaign to relevant funding bodies. Searchable databases like FunderFinder (available in the LCDS library) will help to match students with any Trust or Charity that routinely distributes bursaries to assist students with the cost of higher education. The Student Support staff will be more than happy to assist you in writing a letter for this purpose (contact information can be found at the bottom of this page).
LCDS is grateful to already receive funding from several trusts that are consequently unlikely to consider individual requests for support. For this reason, please refrain from contacting the following organisations: Leverhulme Trust, Eranda Foundation, John Lyons Charitable Trust, Craignish Trust, South Square Trust, Harold Hyam Wingate Charitable Foundation.
Fund for Excellence Bursaries are available for students, awarded to on the bases of need, and the efforts they have taken to mitigate that need.
Further information on fees and financial support can be found on the Conservatoire for Dance and Drama website, or in the Conservatoire's guide booklet, which can be downloaded using the link below.
If you require assistance or would like further information about any of the funding options listed on this page, please contact the Office of Student Support Services on 0207 121 1133 or send an email to
- Conservatoire for Dance and Drama guide to fees
for students beginning their courses in September 2012
- Conservatoire for Dance and Drama guide to financial support
for students beginning their courses before September 2012
This page has information of fees amd financial support for students beginning their course before September 2012:
This information only applies to students who have already started their course. Students applying for entry from September 2012 should click here for details of fees and financial support from 2012.